BREA, CA – Nature’s Best is pleased to announce its Flower Mound, Texas distribution center has been awarded the LEED® Gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
The 308,000 square foot facility, opened in July 2011, was retrofitted with state-of-the-art technology for maximum efficiency with a focus on sustainability and environmental protection. Nature’s Best partnered with leading LEED® consultants from GAIA Development, specialists in sustainable real estate development, to implement the energy-efficient sustainable design and technology. Some of the distribution center’s key sustainability achievements include:
- Lighting input power is reduced by at least 50%
- Water use reduction of more than 40% using flow control fixtures
- 70% of all office equipment and appliances are Energy Star rated
- Occupancy sensors for 100% of the total project’s connected lighting load
- Powered by renewable energy sources
- 55% reused building materials
- 94% of construction waste diverted from landfill
- 60% post consumer recycled content used in interior building materials
- Indoor Air Quality GREENGUARD Certified
The Dallas-area distribution center has allowed Nature’s Best to provide employment opportunities in the community and offer service throughout the Central and Southern regions of the United States while reducing its environmental impact.
LEED® is the USGBC’s leading rating system for designing and constructing the world’s greenest, most energy efficient, and high performing buildings. LEED® verifies environmental performance, occupant health and financial return. LEED® was established for market leaders to design and construct buildings that protect and save precious resources while also making good economic sense.
In 2009, Nature’s Best distribution center in Chino, California was awarded LEED® Gold certification by the USGBC. Nature’s Best is proud of its ongoing commitment towards sustainable design which fosters a healthy work environment for employees and contributes towards a greener future.